Tuesday 4 August 2009

Karabekian Continued

Just Before I go away for a week, i thought I would continue what the painter, Karabekian, said after this (blog two down)... Purely as, strangely, it reminds me of my favorite words ever, written by Henry Luce ( you can read it here)...
So Karabekian continues in Vonnegut's Breakfast of Champions:

"I now give you my word of honor," he went on, "that the picture your city owns shows everything about life which truly matters, with nothing left out. It is a picture of the awareness of every animal. It is the immaterial core of every animal -- the 'I am' to which all messages are sent. It is all that is alive in any of us -- in a mouse, in a deer, in a cocktail waitress. It is unwavering and pure, no matter what preposterous adventure may befall us. A sacred picture of Saint Anthony alone is one vertical, unwavering band of light. If a cockroach were near him, or a cocktail waitress, the picture would show two such bands of light. Our awareness is all that is alive and maybe sacred in any of us. Everything else about us is dead machinery."

No comments:

Post a Comment