Friday 31 July 2009

Katharine MacDaid's Oman Revisited

At one of the Portfolio review sessions we hold at Foto8 on a monthly basis, I was lucky to see Katherine's work, she is currently teaching photography in Oman, here are some of here pictures and a few words from her...
"The photographs come from my time spent, so far, living and working in the Sultanate of Oman, a country on the southeast coast of the Arabian Peninsular. I moved to Oman in December to teach photography at a Government run technical college in Muscat. Having spent my early childhood growing up in Oman, I have long wanted to return to see the place again and to photograph my experience of it now. The work has developed without a fixed agenda. Preferring to photograph as I explore the place, observing what is presented in my daily life and weekend adventures, I am recording a personal encounter as I learn how to place myself in this distinct culture and unfamiliar landscape. "The above picture is a bus stop in case you were wondering.... H

No comments:

Post a Comment